Updated: 02.03.2022 – 14:14
Just to fall in love with
Classic with a difference: Juicy apple cake in the pan with vanilla sauce
More than just an experiment: the apple pie in the pan with delicious custard will conquer hearts in no time – guaranteed!
And this is how it is done:
- For the dough, crumble the yeast, heat the milk slightly, dissolve the yeast in the milk and knead with the remaining ingredients in a bowl using the dough hook on the mixer to form a smooth, soft dough that is easily separated from the edge of the bowl. If necessary, add a little more milk or flour. Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the custard: mix the custard powder with 50 ml of milk and the vanilla sugar until smooth. Bring the remaining milk to a boil, stir in the pudding powder and bring to the boil while stirring. Remove from heat and allow to cool, stirring often to prevent skin formation.
- For the topping, peel the apples, quarter, remove the core and cut into thin slices or small pieces. Mix with vanilla sugar and lemon juice. Chop or finely chop the cranberries. Mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top and bottom heat. Grease an ovenproof dish (approx. 30 cm in diameter, or oven dish) with butter and sprinkle with a little flour. Roll out the dough on a little flour into a thin rectangle (approx. 25 x 50 cm). Brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle with almonds. Spread the apples, raisins and cranberries on top, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and roll lengthwise into a compact roll.
- Place the rolling pin next to the snail and use a cake spatula to place it in the mold. Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining melted butter and bake the cake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out and let cool in the mold. Before serving, lightly dust the cake with powdered sugar and serve with the vanilla sauce.
Apple pie and custard – who does not get weak? but Apple pie in the pan? Yes of course! There is still custard. And this recipe is guaranteed to taste good. A mixture of strudel and cake. Classic but still modern. Fantastic ingredients make this variant of apple pie something very special. It will go into the inventory of your recipes. Sure! And if you want it a little creamier, we recommend the recipe for a heavenly apple pie with sour cream topping.
Whatever you decide on, not all apples are the same. So before you start baking, choose the types of apples that best suit your apple pie.
If you still could not decide, or just did not want to choose a recipe, click through our gallery of the ten best apple pies. You will definitely find good inspiration here.
Can it also be salty? In autumn, dress the apple in colorful clothes. In the video we show some salty recipes with apples as well as sweet.
AD: Why not just have your next purchase delivered to your home? Click here for REWE online store >>