You want to bake, you ran out of yeast and you can not find one in the supermarket? Then it’s time to make your own yeast. This works even overnight.
- Yeast is not always easy to obtain.
- If you do not have one at home, do not despair.
- You can make yeast yourself in a few hours.
Do you have no yeast in the house and no opportunity to buy anything in the supermarket? Then you can still look forward to fresh pastries soon. You can Make your own yeast. There are several ways to make the leavening agent.
Some people grow wild yeast with dried fruit *. The resulting yeast water can be used well for baking. However, the thing has a downside. The process lasts five to eight days before enough yeast cells have formed and the yeast water has developed its driving force. But if it takes too long for you, there is an alternative that takes much less time – a fraction to be exact.
Also interesting: Fresh baguette with four ingredients – even beginners succeed immediately.
How to make your own yeast overnight
- 100 g (not ml) room temperature to lukewarm yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour type 405
- 1 screw jar
How to continue:
- Clean the jar with a screw cap thoroughly and boil it briefly so that it is absolutely bacteria-free.
- Place the jar with a screw cap on the scale, press the kelp to reset the display and then pour in the yeast wheat until there are 100 grams in the jar.
- Add flour and sugar to the beer.
- Close the jar tightly and shake vigorously until everything is mixed and loose. This can sometimes take a minute or two.
- Now let your yeast start stand at room temperature overnight or 15 hours and it is ready.
Continue reading: Anyone can make wholemeal bread for beginners – and it tastes great.
How to use your homemade yeast
Before yours use homemade yeast for baking, you have to shake it vigorously again. Your yeast corresponds to approximately one cube of fresh yeast purchased *. Replace some of the liquid (water or milk) in your recipe with the liquid yeast.
The drive is not that strong, so you need to have a little more patience. The yeast dough will not rise as quickly *. So plan a little more time for this step and prepare a pre-dough: Mix 150 g flour with 150 ml liquid yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Then cover this pre-dough with a kitchen towel and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 3 hours. Then you can mix the pre-dough with the remaining ingredients and continue as usual.
However, you do not have to be afraid of a beer patch. You can not taste it in the finished product.
Also read: You can also bake good bread without yeast.
If you do the trick homemade yeast If you just want to try it, you do not need to use it right away. It stays in the fridge for about two months. However, you must shake the jar daily to prevent mold from forming. (ante) * Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.