This dish gives variation to the weekly meal plan: the minced meat and cheese strudel is not only sophisticated, but also an uncomplicated main course.
When it’s cold outside, many people like that it’s really at lunchtime. Then this dish with filling of minced meat and herb cream cheese is just the thing.
Recipe: Minced meat and cheese strudel
Allow about 100 minutes of preparation time for this recipe.
Ingredients for 12 servings:
- 450 grams of puff pastry
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 bar celery
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g ground beef
- salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100 g herb minced cheese
- Grease for the jar
- 1 egg yolk
- Thaw the puff pastry and prepare the vegetables: clean, rinse and dice the peppers. Clean and wash the celery and cut into thin rings. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, wash and dice.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the vegetables in it. Add the ground beef and fry until crumbly. Season and mix in the tomato puree. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (180 ° C for convection oven). Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle (approx. 30 x 40 cm) and spread with the cream cheese. Spread the minced meat and vegetable mixture over. Roll up the puff pastry from the long side and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush the dough with it. Bake the ostrich in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Slice the minced meat and cheese strudel and serve immediately while it is still hot. A fresh salad goes well with it.
Energy and nutritional values per serving:
Calorific value: 248 kcal
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Recipe for red cabbage rolls with minced meat
Another delicious recipe with minced meat is red cabbage rolls. The combination of red cabbage, minced meat, avocado and sour cream is absolutely wonderful.
Red cabbage rolls: Avocado drizzled with orange juice and sour cream goes well with this. (Photo: Mareike Winter / biskuitwerkstatt.de / dpa)
Ingredients for six rolls:
- 550 g mixed minced meat
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 red pepper
- Salt pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 6 red cabbage leaves
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 50 g grated parmesan
- oil for frying
- 1 avocado
- juice of half an orange
- 200 g sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees hot air.
- Pour boiled water over the red cabbage leaves and let them soak for about ten minutes. Then remove them from the hot water and let them cool.
- Prepare red pepper: core, rinse and cut into small cubes. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into fine strips. Put the peppers and the sun-dried tomatoes in a saucepan and let them fry in a little oil for about five minutes.
- Peel onions and garlic, cut them into fine pieces and fry them in a second pan with a little oil. Glaze with canned tomatoes and add 100 milliliters of water. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground beef with the peppers and sun-dried tomatoes and season well. Distribute the ground beef between the six red cabbage leaves, roll them up slightly and place with the seam facing down in the casserole dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the rolls and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake it all in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Halve the avocado, remove the core and peel and cut into pieces. Mix them with the juice of the orange and let them stand.
When the rolls are ready, place them on plates and top with the marinated avocado and sour cream.
Have a nice meal!