Many Germans have emergency supplies for ten days, but how do you consume food? We collect the best recipe for you. Today: One-pot pasta with peas.
The Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance (BBK) recommends a “living stock” for ten days *. This means that food you store must be consumed and replaced regularly. So you need delicious recipes that you can cook with your emergency accessories and there are lots. As long as you can also buy fresh ingredients, the recipes are of course a little more varied, but it also tastes “only” with emergency accessories. For example, try this one creamy one pot pasta with peas and ham.
Recipe from the emergency storage: Creamy single-pot pasta with peas and ham
Ingredients from the emergency supply:
- 1 onion (so peel and chop it quickly)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 500 grams of pasta
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 200 ml UHT cream
- 50 g peas, canned or frozen
- salt and pepper
Fresh ingredients (exclude only if necessary):
- 100 g cooked ham
- 75 g grated mozzarella
Recipe: How to prepare the creamy one-pot pasta with peas and ham from your emergency stock
- Dice the onion and the cooked ham and fry both in a large pot with a little olive oil (according to Stiftung Warentest this is best).
- Then add the pasta, the vegetable stock and finally the cream and stir well.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat until the pasta is soft, about 10 to 12 minutes. If necessary, add a little more vegetable stock if the noodles have not yet been cooked and there is no liquid.
- Add grated mozzarella and peas for the last two to three minutes, season with salt, pepper or other optional spices and serve. creamy one pot pasta with peas and ham.
Because you cook the noodles directly in the sauce, the starch they contain will thicken the sauce immediately. In addition, the taste of the cooked ham goes wonderfully into the noodles and it develops quickly and easily creamy, tasty dish, which you are guaranteed to cook more often. The fact that you also have a smaller sink in the sink becomes a nice side issue, which you should not neglect if the water is temporarily turned off. (ante) * Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.