The pasta cake is baked in the oven with delicious sauce and cheese. Not only does it taste great, it also looks wonderful.
Everyone loves noodles. Whether it’s like a stew, simply with a sauce or like a pasta salad *: they are quick to cook and wonderfully versatile. Here comes a new form of cooking: namely as a cake. A pasta cake, How does it work? Very simple: you put the rigatoni pasta upright in an oven dish, spread the sauce over and bake everything together with cheese in the oven. Sounds good? It tastes the same and offers pasta lovers something new. Be sure to try the recipe *!
Also good: Rappie Pie: You need to know about this Canadian potato stew.
Pasta cake recipe: You need these ingredients
|Servings:||to 1 spring form|
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Baking time:||15 minutes|
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 300 g rigatoni
- 150 grams of onion
- 100 grams of garlic
- 50 ml olive oil
- 250 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 g baby spinach
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 100 g parmesan
- 100 g grated mozzarella
Canned tomatoes are super handy when cooking. If you happen to have leftovers, never leave them in the jar. Read here how to store canned tomatoes properly.
If you like Bolognese sauce, you can of course also use it to prepare the pasta cake.
Bread from the pan: This recipe is super fast – without yeast.
How to bake a delicious pasta cake: simply in the oven
- Boil water in a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons salt and cook rigatoni (300 g) in it for about 10 minutes al dente (follow the instructions on the package). Then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Peel and chop the onion (150 g) and garlic (100 g) and fry in olive oil (50 ml). Add the chopped tomatoes (250g) and spinach (100g) and stir. Now stir in the cream cheese and season the sauce with salt (2 tbsp) and Italian herbs (2 tsp).
- Mix the pasta with grated parmesan (100 g) and place them in an oven dish so that they stand evenly and fill the mold. Watch the video above for a demonstration of the preparations.
- Then pour the sauce over everything and sprinkle over the pasta cake with mozzarella. Bake the pasta cake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Recipe: Simple good
And the dream of all pasta fans comes true: a cake made from pasta. Cut it now pasta cake just cut it into pieces and spread it on plates. Serve with green salad if you like. Have a nice meal! (crazy) * Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.
Title list image: © Simply Tasty