Homemade tagliatelle is an old hat for local pasta producers. The situation is different with pasta made from potato dough. Here is the recipe.
Photo series with 13 photos
Tagliatelles are usually ready-made in the form of a nest. The thick ribbon noodles are made from flour and durum wheat groats or possibly with eggs. But there is another way. Pasta can also be made from potato dough.
What do the potatoes do in the pasta dough? Quite simply: This makes the pasta light and airy and gives it an extra bit of firmness, the German potato producers’ potato marketing lists the benefits. Here’s how it works:
For 4 servings of potato stagliatelle, take:
- 500 g waxy potatoes
- 300 g flour (type 405)
- 1 to 2 egg yolks
- 40 grams of olive oil
- Boil the potatoes, then peel them while they are still hot and squeeze them out through a press. Then place the flour on a clean work surface and shovel a hole in the middle. Fill the hole with mashed potatoes, egg yolk and olive oil and use your hands to work the ingredients together from the middle outwards to a smooth dough.
- Form the potato paste dough into a ball and place in cling film in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into quarters and shape a ball of each serving. With floured hands, roll out the dough balls with a rolling pin on a floured part of a clean, dry work surface. Then cut into finger-width strips with a pasta machine or as thinly corrugated dough sheets with a sharp knife.
- Place the raw potato noodles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or hang on a drying rack for pasta.
- Finally, boil water in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt. Add the potato stagliatelle and bring to the boil. After 90 seconds, they can be poured off or taken out of the water with a ladle. To serve, place the potato paste on a plate and serve with a sauce.
Want an idea: How about a mushroom cream sauce?
For this 500 g sponge Clean and quarter and fry in a pan with a little melted butter for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add a bunch of chopped spring onions, salt and pepper and finally turn down 200 g of whipped cream and taste with a little lemon juice.