Chocolate cake despite weight loss plans? This is possible if you cleverly replace some ingredients. So nothing stands in the way of enjoyment!
Whether at the beginning of the year as a good solution or because you want to lose a few pounds: it Low carb diet has many fans because it is relatively easy to eat with fewer carbohydrates and – if you can do without sugar and wheat flour – you can live healthier. The question then arises, especially for people with cravings: what about sweets? Do not worry either cake, Cookies and co. are allowed with low carbohydrate. You just need to know how to cleverly replace some ingredients. Instead of the “bad”, refined sugar is used, for example xylitol or erythritol. White flour is replaced with almond or other nut flour. And the best news: chocolate is still allowed! However, you should Dark Chocolate use with at least 70 percent cocoa content. Compared to other types of chocolate, it contains hardly any sugar. The enjoyment of this Chocolate cake with low carbohydrate content so nothing stands in the way!
Also good: 3-minute recipe for a wonderfully moist lemon yoghurt cake.
Low Carb Chocolate Cake: Ingredients for low carb cakes
Portions: for 1 Bundt cake tin or other round tin
Baking time: 50 minutes
- 180 g butter (room temperature) + a little more to the mold
- 200g ground almonds + a little more to the mold
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 g of erythritol
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g ground hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 100 g chocolate drops (dark) – available on Amazon (advertising link)
- 1 pack dark chocolate frosting
Bake also: Sweet Franciscan bread – the delicious chain letter from Rome.
Do not miss any more recipes and kitchen tricks!
Everything that has to do with cooking and baking can be found in our regular recipe newsletter.
How to bake the low carb chocolate cake
- Grease the baking tin with butter and sprinkle over the ground almonds. This way, the dough does not stick when you take it out later.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt them together with 50g butter in a small saucepan on the stove. In a bowl, use a hand mixer, bake the erythritol with the remaining butter.
- Separate three eggs and beat three egg whites with a pinch of salt until hard. Stir the egg yolks and the other three eggs into the frothy butter and beat until creamy.
- Preheat the oven to a 160 ° C convection oven. Stir hazelnuts, almonds, baking powder and cinnamon into the butter mixture. Then stir in the melted chocolate, milk and chocolate pieces and carefully turn down the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared mold and bake the lower third of the chocolate cake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Then change the setting from hot air to top / bottom heat and bake for another 25 minutes. Do the chopstick test towards the end of the baking time.
- Take the cake tin out of the oven, let the cake cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then take it out and let it cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake has cooled, heat the chocolate icing and spread it over the cake. Then let it dry and you can serve.
Have fun at the party. (crazy) * Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.
This article contains affiliate links.