Wild garlic spaetzli is the ultimate spring dish. They not only give the spicy taste of spring to the plate, but also its green color. We show a simple wild garlic spaetzli recipe that can be made in no time at all.
Wild garlic spaetzli with melted cheese and glazed onion Photo © bernjuer / iStock / Getty Images Plus
Wild garlic spaetzli brings spring to the plate and is quick to cook. You can enjoy the nice green pasta separately or serve it with a real accessory such as fish, meat or a meat alternative.
Wild garlic spaetzle – recipe
- 300 grams of flour
- 100 g wild garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 dl water
- A little nutmeg
- vegetable oil for frying
tip: If you freeze wild garlic, you can still cook wild garlic spatula after the wild garlic season is over.
You also need:
- button sieve
- Large saucepan
- frying pan
- Wash the wild garlic thoroughly and then chop it very finely.
- Mix the eggs with the water and mix in the pooped wild garlic.
- Pour flour, salt and nutmeg into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Empty the mixture of wild garlic, eggs and water into the well and stir the dough until until bubbles form. You can also stir the dough with a dough hook or flat whisk with the dough machine.
- Then set the dough to approx 20 minutes to rest to the side.
- Fill the large pot with water and bring to the boil. Salt a little. durability tips: Boil the water in the kettle in advance, this consumes less energy.
- Then spread the dough through the Knöpfli strainer into the boiling water.
- As soon as Knöpfli swim on the surfaceyou can skim them off with a perforated trowel.
- Let Knöpfli drain in a colander.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry Knöpfli carduntil they get a light golden brown color.
Serving tips: Spaetzli with wild garlic tastes best fresh from the pan and does not necessarily need an accessory. You know about them Serve with grated cheese and some fresh, chopped wild garlic. Alternatively also fits en klick crème fraîche good with green pasta. Or you can serve them with fish, meat or a vegetarian meat alternative, to taste. Bowl!
Comment / ask a question